What is a Canadian permanent residence visa?
Canada Permanent Residency (PR) is the most sought after visa category for skilled professionals in India and abroad. It is a 5 years multiple entry visa that provides skilled foreign workers an opportunity to work and settle in Canada.
After 3 years of stay and work on the PR card, you can change the Canadian PR status to Canadian citizenship.
What are the benefits of having a Canada permanent resident card?
The top 5 benefits of Canadian PR card are:
- A 5 year’s multiple entries visa.
- A “family status” under which both applicants(spouse) can work full time.
- Free education for children, health and social provisions for the entire family.
- Opportunity to invite parent’s post-settlement.
- Access to the USA.
What are the documents required for PR visa of Canada?
You need to produce documents based on the attributes you are claiming points for and other relevant documents.
- Age (Passport Copy, DOB certificate)
- Education (Consolidated Marksheet, Degree transcript which comes in sealed envelope.)
- Work Experience (Offer letter, Referral Letters)
- Language Proficiency (IELTS score in General Module)
- Good Character (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Education Transcripts
- Employment Experience Letters
- Qualifying WES Report
- IELTS Score Card
- Valid Passport
- Medicals & Police Clearance Certificate
- Proof of Identity
Note: There are additional documents that may be required for immigration process depending on the candidate’s profile.
What are the eligibility requirements for a Canadian permanent resident visa?
The minimum requirements to immigrate to Canada are:
- You need to score 67 points out of 100 points.
- Your work occupation should be listed in Canada’s demand list.
- You to score good bands in the IELTS exam.
- You need to maintain funds in your account.
- You need to produce papers for your employment, Education, Language proficiency, etc.
What is Canada Permanent Resident Visa Fees?
The Permanent Residence visa cost is 1040 Canadian dollars per applicant above 18 years. The fee for PR visa of canada is generally asked in the later stages of the process.
In the initial stage of the process of Canadian Permanent Residency, you will be charged with an Education Credential Assessment fee. This is 285 Canadian Dollars per applicant. This is to determine whether your education meets Canadian standards and you are all ready for the process.
Processing time for Canada Permanent residency visa.
There are no definitive timelines to get a permanent residence visa for Canada in 2020. The selection and approval of your visa application majorly depend upon your CRS score. However, the processing times after receiving ITA takes about 4 to 6 months.